Training Your Dog for Your Invisible Fence
There is no question about how important it is to educate your dog with the invisible barrier. In case they do not receive training, these animals fail to comprehend reason behind correction. So, it would create fear and confusion in their mind.
It is extremely straightforward to teach them; however, it is suitable to perform in small sessions. It is recommended to instruct them for 10 to 20 minutes at any particular time. Check that you do not trust on the dog barrier until being completely confident that the dog fully understands the whole mechanism.
Possibilities are there to train a dog as small as 8-months old. The process is quite easy, merely do the following:
During the training, you can use the particular positive reinforcement practice that you normally use while you interact with the dog.
Majority of the dogs will get acquainted with training instantly but few may be stubborn. So, you may expect at least a month prior to fully relying on the boundary fence. Also, you can gradually start discarding the flags after a few weeks once you are certain that the dog feels comfortable with the set boundaries.
Some Additional Pointers
Prior to making a decision whether an electric dog fence is appropriate for you, consider below points:
- The electric dog fences are not convenient for dogs weighing lesser than 10 pounds, or bulkier in few cases.
- Every dog could not revert to the powerful shock, so utilize GPS collars in combination with the fence. This is useful if your dog is stubborn in nature.
- In-ground fences typically need a substantial period of time to install because you need to position the fence below the ground. You may devote a day for most properties and few of them for bigger properties to ensure proper installation.
- Hire a fence trencher if you own big properties.
- At all times check for dead-spots in case you are using wireless fences, huge segments of metal like cars are usually the largest biggest sink a pet owner may find. However, myriad of fascinating items can create a few issues.
- Develop a habit to keep the collar on, although if believe your dog is familiar with the boundary limits. It just demands one poorly timed run into the lane and ultimately the fence’s functioning would prove to be a failure.
For ensuring complete security yet freedom of your dog, the invisible dog fences are one of the most functional boundaries. They are especially useful when pet owners wish to maintain their property’s view. Imparting slight amount of training assures complete safety of your dog and easy to play by their own with flexibility in your area.