Best Carpet Cleaner for Pets and Shampoos for Pet Stains of 2023 (Top 9) – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
Both misshapen and with that disgusting smell that every dog owner hates. Sometimes you might even get some brown or yellow stains. Your formerly pristine carpet now looks like a crime scene and smells like a barn.
Thankfully, there is an easy solution. A pet carpet cleaner can quickly and easily manage your pet stain problem. It can also help with any other stains that may have made their way into your house. Choosing the right carpet cleaner takes some time though. Our list will help you narrow down your search for the overall best carpet cleaner for pets.[/vc_column_text]
- 1 Carpet Cleaner to remove Pet Urine and Pet Stains: how to pick in 2023
- 2 Why You Need a Special Pet Stain Cleaner
- 3 Our Top Choice for Best Carpet Cleaner for Pets
- 4 Reviews of the Best Pet Carpet Cleaners in 2023: Our Favorite 5
- 4.1 2. Deep Carpet Cleaner by Rug Doctor and Rug Doctor Pet Pro – Best Carpet Cleaner for Pets 2022
- 4.2 3. Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner – Best Carpet Cleaner for Pet Urine
- 4.3 4. Hoover Power Scrub Elite + PetPlus Carpet Washer – Best Carpet Cleaner for Pet Stains in 2022
- 4.4 5. SpotBot Pet Handsfree Cleaner with Deep Reach Technology – Best on Budget Pet Stain Cleaner
- 4.5 6. McCulloch Heavy-Duty Cleaner with 18 Accessories – Great Hypoallergenic Steam Cleaner for Pet Stains
- 5 How to Handle Those Troublesome Urine Stains
- 6 Our Top 3 Carpet Shampoos for Pet Stains in 2023 with Reviews
- 7 Our Favorite Enzyme Cleaner for Pet Stains
- 8 Conclusion
Carpet Cleaner to remove Pet Urine and Pet Stains: how to pick in 2023
The requirements for cleaning pet stains are the same as the requirements for any carpet cleaner:
1. Enormous cleaning ability.
2. Ease of use.
Budget is always an important consideration too. Those of you that want the best cleaner possible might want to place less emphasis on budget. This is especially true for those of you with a large dog or multiple dogs. Budget carpet cleaners simply cannot handle the a high workload.
General info about Carpet Cleaning Machines
For the most part, you’re going to want to keep the following in mind while making your decision.
A more high-powered motor means a cleaner carpet. Lower powered motors makes sense if dealing with thing office carpet or the accidental coffee spill. They also work well for the dust that inevitably gets tracked in from outdoors.
Light motors don’t work if you’ve got heavy mud getting pulled in by boots or grease coming in from the kitchen on shag carpeting. A high-powered motor is your only option in that case.
A good rule of thumb is that the heavier your carpeting and the more exposure; the more powerful of a motor you’re going to need.
Types of Cleaners
There are a few different types of carpet cleaning machines that you should know about. Some are easier to use than others. This makes them especially useful if you are less physically capable.
Full sized cleaners are particularly difficult to handle. This makes them less ideal for those who aren’t quite as strong. It also makes using them difficult in smaller rooms and tight spaces. A full sized cleaner really only makes sense if you have a house or a large apartment.
Compact cleaners have lower amount of power as their larger counterparts. They make up for this lack of power with more maneuverability and tend to be much lighter. You can even leave some of the higher end units running while unattended.
Not so important features to look for include the following:
- Belt-less models. A belt-less model means you will not have to repair a broken belt. This can save you from the occasional DIY repair.
- Tanks. A larger tank will mean less frequent refills. Somewhat convenient, but not too big of a deal.
Split tanks result in easier refilling since you can add water separately.
- Hose Length. Longer hoses are great for full sized cleaners because the cleaners can be quite heavy to move.
- Moving Brushes. Moving brushes are a bit more aggressive than stationary brushes. This makes them great with an underpowered motor. However, they are not a replacement for a high-powered motor.
Why You Need a Special Pet Stain Cleaner
Pet parents have to deal with unique problems caused by their fur babies. Dog and cat pee, stool, and other grime can easily make carpet a total mess. Combine this with the nasty odor and urine seeping into the underflooring and you have a huge problem.
However, cleaner isn’t panacea for any pet issue. A carpet cleaner will make your life easier and less smelly.
Stain isolators work great for isolating mess. They keep the pet filth out of your regular cleaning machine. Using a carpet cleaner without a stain isolator will eventually cause your machine to smell awful. Unless you constantly purify your machine with sanitizers. Something that most people fail to do.
Other add-ons will eliminate pet dirt and hair. Some of them can trap the hair instead of letting it clog your machine.
If fighting pet problems is your usual routine, then you should purchase a particularized cleaner. The alternative is spending an enormous effort and time scrubbing and purchasing special add-ons.
This of course depends on how much you value you your time. Keep in mind that a few extra dollars might save you a decent amount of time and headache.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][/vc_column][vc_separator border_width=”2″ el_width=”60″][/vc_row] [vc_row][vc_column_text]
Our Top Choice for Best Carpet Cleaner for Pets[/vc_column_text] [vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner][vc_column_text f_h3_font_style=”” h_color=”#70c3b7″]
1. BISSELL DeepClean Deluxe Pet Full Sized Carpet Cleaner – Best Pet Carpet Cleaner for 2023[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]
This upright carpet cleaner is made to handle just about any stain your pet leaves behind. BISSELL has a top notch reputation in the industry, so you know that you’re getting a great product.
The DeepClean Deluxe is actually designed to clean pet hair and urine stains, which makes it an excellent addition to the home of any pet owner. It also comes with a portable spot cleaner for those areas where the upright cleaner does not fit.
The BISSELL DeepClean Lift-Off is perfect for someone that wants a great carpet cleaner overall and does not want to spend time reviewing different cleaners. This cleaner and the right shampoo is the perfect combination for just about everyone.
- BISSELL has a credit among customers
- Upright cleaner with a spot cleaning feature (removable nozzle)
- 2-in-1 machine
- Child and pet safe
- Includes specialized shampoo
- Stain trapper keeps particles of dirt away from the cleaner
- More expensive than other options
- Heavy liquid usage for larger homes
Reviews of the Best Pet Carpet Cleaners in 2023: Our Favorite 5
So, what is the best carpet cleaner for pets? Here are some other excellent cleaners that you should know about. We’ve also included great shampoos to use with your cleaner.
[/vc_column_text] [vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner][vc_column_text f_h3_font_style=”” h_color=”#70c3b7″]
2. Deep Carpet Cleaner by Rug Doctor and Rug Doctor Pet Pro – Best Carpet Cleaner for Pets 2022[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]
Rug Doctor makes a great cleaner that comes with cleaning liquid to fight pet filth. The outstanding benefit with the Rug Doctor is the powerful suction it has.
It works well for frequently used areas that are often difficult to keep clean. Have several pets and a carpet?
Rug Doctor has you handled. The superior suction and antimicrobial brushes are a huge help. The spray feature called Super Boost does a great job turning messy areas into clean ones.
One area that we don’t like is how delicate the machine is. Most people don’t have any issue with it, but it can break if you bump it into the wall a few too many times. Be careful when using this cleaner.
Overall, if your carpet gets intense grime by dogs or other pets and you want to get rid of it the best possible way, then this machine will become the solution for you.
- Superior suction
- Super Boost capabilities for difficult stains
- Professional level cleaning
- Comes with great pet shampoo
- It’s fragile
3. Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner – Best Carpet Cleaner for Pet Urine[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]
First things first, this isn’t a great cleaner if you have a large carpeted home. This works best for those who have particular zones on the carpet that need the occasional cleaning from a non-upright carpet cleaner.
This unit is easy to store due to its measurements – it can be stored even in the smallest apartments. Do not have a closet?
You will need to deal with some difficulties since its bristles are not the premium ones and there are better options for eliminating dog hair. Fortunately, emptying the unit is rather simple, which does prevent the machine from smelling and collecting a large amount of pet hair.
This is the product that can guarantee the best result for pet urine and mess elimination at this low price point. This works great for spot cleaning on small patches of carpet, but this just won’t work if you have carpets all over your house.
- Easy to store
- Simple cleaning
- Does a great job removing stains
- Doesn’t use much shampoo
- Not suitable for cleaning whole floors
- Rather useless for dog hairs
4. Hoover Power Scrub Elite + PetPlus Carpet Washer – Best Carpet Cleaner for Pet Stains in 2022[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]
This is our favorite cleaner among the whole list. It works great no matter how much carpet you have to clean or the difficulty of the stain. Removing grime, stains, and pet hair isn’t an issue since Hoover designed this cleaner especially for heavily used zones.
The unit has advanced design with upgraded brushes to ensure you will easily get rid of the nastiest pet stains and odor.The only drawback is that it is not a multifunctional cleaner, so you can only utilize it as a regular upright vacuum. This makes it difficult for those hard to reach spots.
There are smaller attachments available, but they aren’t very specialized. You will likely have to unclog pet hair if you use this to cleanup pet hair. Save yourself the trouble and just use
one of the specified vacuums for this case.
The Hoover still wins out in a roomy habitat covered with carpets which frequently get damaged with urine and other pet grime. Just as long as those problems aren’t in hard to reach places.
- Amazing suction
- Lightweight for an upright cleaner
- Doesn’t use much shampoo
- Pet shampoo is included
- Professional level quality for stain removal
- One use only
- Attachments aren’t that great
5. SpotBot Pet Handsfree Cleaner with Deep Reach Technology – Best on Budget Pet Stain Cleaner[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]
Every housewife’s dream came true with this appliance! The SpotBot by Bissell is the new word in carpet cleaning. This is not a vacuum, it’s all-in-one machine that will do all the dirty work for you: wetting, scrubbing, and vacuuming. Sounds incredible but it’s true – you won’t have to touch the mess, the brush or cloth. The preset cleaning cycles will do it instead.
You will just need to place the Spot Cleaner on the dirty area and wait until it’s done. The cleaner requires warm water and carpet shampoo added to its tank before use. When the cleaning is done, free the tank and place it for storage.
The appliance is equipped with hose and brush for cleaning furniture as well. Its Deep Reach technology gets rid of nasty pet stains and bad odor without extra efforts. For the best result it’s recommended to use it with cleaning liquids by Bissell. They usually come along with the cleaner but check it out.
What we like about this SpotBot machine? It’s compact and easy to store. You don’t need to rearrange it for storing or using, just grab and go. The downsides? This particular model is great, but it doesn’t have a heater. So, if you need to steam clean your habitat, look for upgraded model of Bissell’s spot cleaners. Also, the appliance is not for vacuuming pet hair – for the best result, you have to clean the floor with your regular vacuum before using the SpotBot.
- Overall cleaning in one press of a button
- No need to scrub
- Perfect results in cleaning pet mess
- Not for large areas
- Collects hair on the brush
6. McCulloch Heavy-Duty Cleaner with 18 Accessories – Great Hypoallergenic Steam Cleaner for Pet Stains[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]
The steam cleaner by McCulloch stands out from the rest carpet cleaners on our list due to its different technology. This appliance is completely chemical-free, i.e. it doesn’t require any liquid solutions. It has 48-oz water tank that is enough up to 45 minutes of cleaning. The machine boils the water to 212 Fahrenheit degrees for about 8 minutes before you can start.
With this steamer you can clean and sanitize a range of surfaces, vertical and horizontal, like tile, laminate, concrete, granit, sealed wood flooring, grills, windows, autos, and more. The appliance has 18 accessories for different situations including brushes, scrub pad, and floor mop. You only have to be careful with some vulnerable types of flooring and furniture, that can be damaged by hot steam. If in doubt, try it on the small zone of the surface in the hidden place to check it for safety.
The steamer weights 3lbs and has measurements of a vacuum. Its 10-foot hose allows easy reach to any place you need to clean. You won’t regret this appliance since it is very useful for a great number of cleaning operations around the house.
This helpful machine is great for those with allergies since it doesn’t use solutions other than plain hot water and doesn’t cause air pollution with dust. Pressurized steam provides deep cleaning. It is effective against pet stains and odors, set in grime, grease, mold, and even pests, hence it will help to fight fleas.
- Allows to save on cleaning solutions
- Absolutely safe for kids and pets
- Multifunctional – cleans and sanitizes almost anything
- Superior reach
- Some carpets may be damaged by hot steam
How to Handle Those Troublesome Urine Stains
We all know that dog urine can be problematic. Even in the best case scenario – when it’s noticed instantly. It still has a tendency to seep into carpeting and sometimes under the flooring. This leads to odors that just won’t go away not matter how deep of a clean you give your carpet.
The key here is solving problems in the right order to make sure that you can mitigate or the damage or completely neutralize it.
The first line of defense in making sure that you do not end up with permanent damage is the following:
Immediately soak up as much as possible without rubbing it into the carpeting. Then spray it with a urine removal shampoo. Do not rub the shampoo into your carpeting.
Next you want to bring out the cleaning machine. Never overload the machine. It will not work better and just wastes shampoo. Always use your manufacturer’s recommended amount of detergent.
Following those steps will ensure that the stain is taken care of quickly and efficiently rather than making things worse. It might be tempting to pull out your expensive carpet cleaner, but the above steps will minimize the chance of permanent staining.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][/vc_column][vc_separator border_width=”2″ el_width=”60″][/vc_row] [vc_row][vc_column_text]
Our Top 3 Carpet Shampoos for Pet Stains in 2023 with Reviews
Liquid cleaners for eliminating the pet mess are something that there is plenty of. Here, we offer you the ones that get the best results in years, according to tons of feedback and our own experience.
[/vc_column_text] [vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner][vc_column_text f_h3_font_style=”” h_color=”#70c3b7″]
1. Bubba’s Pet Stain & Odor Terminator – Best Carpet Shampooer for Pets in 2023[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]
This one is there when you need to get rid of the hardest mess. Bubba’s have made a cleaner to neutralize the nastiest pet stains and their odor that can happen to your floor. Moreover, it fights the worst smell of all possible – cat urine.
It’s a pricey option. However, the quality of this one is worth the money you spend. Use it on your carpet before vacuuming and it will prove its efficiency right away.
- Powerful on all surfaces
- Enzymatic and safe for carpets
This product can easily terminate the ugly odors. Combine this with a proper vacuum and enjoy the excellent result!
This cleaner doesn’t foam intensively, thus you’ll have to apply more of it than you usually do with other shampoos. Another interesting perk with Nature’s Miracle is that they offer to their customers a subscription. This makes staying stocked super simple.
One annoying part we found is the unscented variant may be difficult to find. Fortunately, the lavender smells pleasant. It’s certainly better than cat urine.
- Budget friendly
- Subscription service available
- Unscented version difficult to find
Our Favorite Enzyme Cleaner for Pet Stains[/vc_column_text] [vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner][vc_column_text f_h3_font_style=”” h_color=”#70c3b7″]
It’s a slightly more expensive, but this enzymatic cleaner is the best you’ll find. It locks in odors and can handle minor stains. You might never have to worry about smells and (small) stains when combined with a steam carpet cleaner.
It also works great for more than just carpet. This makes it a perfect all around solution for any pet owner.
One important note: Don’t use this product with a normal vacuum cleaner if you let it set. The results aren’t pretty.
It still works great with wet/dry steam cleaner though. Just let it sit and swoop it up. You’ll be amazed by the results.
- Super effective
- Handles stains and odors
- Cannot be used with a vacuum cleaner
You don’t have to accept stains as part of owning a pet. A cleaner combined with the right shampoo can solve the nastiest and the biggest problems of pet ownership. All you need is a little research and you’ll be on your way to an odor and stain free home. A somewhat difficult task for the majority of pet owners.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][/vc_column][vc_separator border_width=”2″ el_width=”60″][/vc_row]