10 Wonderful Things to Know About Cannabidiol Oil for Pets
However, this herb is frequently misjudged. So, here are ten things that you probably didn’t know concerning CBD:
- 1 CBD Isn’t Intoxicating
- 2 CBD Alleviates Pain
- 3 CBD Lowers Tension and Anxiety
- 4 CBD May Stop the Spread of Cancer
- 5 Cannabidiol Helps Relieve IBD
- 6 Cannabidiol Minimizes Autoimmune Disorders and Chronic
- 7 Cannabidiol Helps Heal Neurogenerative Ailments and Protects the Nervous System
- 8 CBD Enhances Cardiovascular Well-Being
- 9 Bonus Benefit: CBD Oil Is Safe to Use on Canines
- 10 Tips for Picking the Best CBD Oil to Give Your Dog
CBD Isn’t Intoxicating
Known in full as cannabidiol, CBD is usually present in hemp as well as marijuana. We all know that marijuana has psychoactive traits which are attributed to a compound known as tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). But cannabidiol oil doesn’t have THC or its intoxicating properties. In fact, the oil is produced from hemp instead of cannabis. Therefore, administering it to your canine won’t make him/her high. It’ll instead help him/her relax.
CBD Alleviates Pain
CBD has cannabinoids which work great for relieving pain. Researchers are already classifying it as a new group of medicine that can be used in treating severe ache. Several investigations concluded that CBD is efficient in reducing:
- Inflammation caused by acute pancreatitis
- Intestinal inflammation triggered by the irritable bowel syndrome
- Premature aging as well as deterioration from oxidative stress from inflammation
- Neuropathic and nerve injury pain
- General inflammation
CBD Lowers Tension and Anxiety
If your animal suffers from noise phobias or maybe anxiety from separation, this oil might just do the trick. In people, the oil proves that it can:
- Minimize anxiety brought about by public speaking
- Effectively treat panic disorders as well as post-traumatic stress
- Lessen anxiety in persons who have anxiety disorders as wells as healthy individuals
CBD Oil Can Treat Drug-Resistant Epilepsy & Seizures
Approximately five percent of canines have seizures. The typical drug prescribed by vets to treat seizures in dogs is potassium bromide or phenobarbital. Nevertheless, as much as they may be effective in controlling the symptoms of epilepsy, they come at a cost to your dog’s health. These medications have shown to be quite detrimental to a dog’s liver as well as other body organs. Also, in a few instances, they don’t function as intended.
Cannabidiol has displayed great results when used to treat drug-resistant epilepsy. One such study that proves this was done on eight patients with the condition. In about 4-5 months of treatment, seven of the epileptic patients receiving CBD registered improvement. A separate survey shows that 84% of drug-resistant epileptic children suffered fewer seizures during the period they use cannabidiol.
CBD May Stop the Spread of Cancer
Like other substances obtained from cannabis as well as hemp plants, cannabidiol oil also shows anti-tumor advantages. Studies prove that it can cripple the development of cancer cells plus kill tumor cells. Cannabidiol oil’s advantages related to cancer include:
- Preventing cancer cells from producing energy thereby killing them
- Inhibiting or slowing down of glioma cell growth with the help of its anti-tumor characteristics
- Assisting the killer immune system cells in eliminating cancer cells
- Magnifying the efficiency of cancer treatment
Cannabidiol Helps Relieve IBD
Research on animals concludes that CBD helps to restore normal gut motility as well as keep colitis at bay when afflicted by IBD. Besides that, CBD has useful antibiotics among them MRSA.
Cannabidiol Minimizes Autoimmune Disorders and Chronic
Using cannabidiol is associated with a decline in the release of cytokines- signaling molecules known to trigger allergic reactions, autoimmunity, and intolerance. Furthermore, CBD assists in suppressing Th17 known for causing an array of maladies.
CBD also hinders the making of inflamed macrophages in addition to reducing persistent inflammation. Other than that, it’s a potent antioxidant going by conclusions made in various studies.
Cannabidiol Helps Heal Neurogenerative Ailments and Protects the Nervous System
Case studies reveal that CBD can be useful in combating myelopathy, nerve, as well as spine afflictions. Moreover, it has assisted those who have Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, and ALS because it has properties which enable it to protect cells in the brain from harmful effects.
In aged canines, cannabidiol assists in protecting brain cells from any death triggered by toxins or radicals.
Cannabidiol Heals Nausea and Boosts Appetite
Whenever your canine has eating issues, CBD comes in handy. A study by the National Cancer Institute concludes that cannabidiol boosts appetite. Other studies reveal that cannabidiol helps canines with nausea/vomiting even when drugs and toxins trigger these conditions.
CBD Enhances Cardiovascular Well-Being
In line with what Dr. Bassingthwaighte reported, cannabidiol is associated with heart well-being. Reports reveal that CBD can do the following:
- Minimize the harm from erratic heart rates and injured blood vessels.
- Dilate arteries and assist in safeguarding blood vessels from injury.
- Minimize blood pressure as well as heart rate due to high levels of anxiety.
Bonus Benefit: CBD Oil Is Safe to Use on Canines
In addition to several health perks, CBD is okay for use even when it’s taken for over a long time or in heavy dosage. Also, it limits liver enzyme activity, therefore, slowing down the metabolism of several medications. Therefore, if your canine is being treated for anything with prescribed drugs, it’s wise to seek advice from your veterinarian before administering cannabidiol to him or her.
Furthermore, most CBD oils have very little or no THC traces as they are extracted from hemp oil. Due to the low to no THC, hemp-based goods made for pets or people are approved in fifty US states.
That said, CBD oil has proven to be a safe, beneficial and even life-saving plant for dogs. Today, many veterinarians and pet lovers are beginning to appreciate its several health benefits. They are confident with the knowledge that it has minimal adverse effects and their pet doesn’t build tolerance for it.
Tips for Picking the Best CBD Oil to Give Your Dog
While CBD is great health-wise, not all cannabidiol oils work similarly. That said, you’ll want to choose a top-quality oil which will work well for your dog. Check out what you should look for:
- Confirm that the oil is organic: many non-organic products may have significant amounts of solvents, fungicides or pesticides in the market. So, if it is not natural, don’t buy it.
- Don’t look for the lowest priced oil: expect to pay more for better quality/purer CBD oils. Instead of looking for the cheapest one, try to look for CBD oil that has a higher portion of cannabidiol plus no additives.
- Purchase cannabidiol as a tincture: though CBD treats for dogs are out there in the market, choosing it as a tincture will help you control and monitor your dog’s dosage to ensure he or she gets the most health benefit.
- Analyze the percentage of CBD in the oil you buy: sometimes it’s hard to know how much CBD is in the things you get. So, ask for an analysis of the quantity of CBD in the oil. Ideally, the manufacturer gives an analysis certificate. At this point, it’s worth finding out if the product has THC and if so, how much.
- Introduce CBD oil to the pet gradually. However, don’t allow people who have misconceptions about CBD tell you that it’s not suitable for your four-legged companion. Studies have proven plenty of its advantages and continue to show very positive results.